|Center for Persons with Disabilities|
9620 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-9620
Working for the research division which is called the Early Intervention Research Institute provides many challenges and interesting opportunities. As the senior systems analyst I maintain the digital front lines of the organization. I manage a small team of application developers, and oversee the desktop farming as well as the planning, research and acquisitions of new technology. The challenges are exciting and the rewards of collecting, protecting and analyzing data through traditional computer methods and the newer online methods help make for a rewarding work environment.
- Audio and Video: Photoshop, Video Vegas, DVD production, Cool Edit, Adobe Audition, SoundForge, Video Instruction and HelpDesk training
- Programming - Visual C++, Visual Basic, Basic, Pascal, Delphi, C, Java
- Scripting - Batch, WSH, VBScript, AppleScript, BASH, Perl, PowerShell and Shell Scripting
- Database -- MS SQL 6.5, 7, 2000, 2005 - MySQL 3,4,5 - PostgreSQL 7,8 - Access 2, 3, 97, 2000, XP,2004, Files Maker Pro 3, 4, 5,6,7,8, dBase III, Paradox, Approach, and Relational Database Design and Training
- Dos, Win31, Win9x, NT4, Win2k, WinXP, Vista, SuSE, Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux
- Familiar with all Mac Operating Systems
- Familiar with Linux operating systems - RedHat, SuSE and Ubuntu
- Familiar with both PC and MAC hardware and most major software applications.
- Windows Servers 3.51/4/2000/2003
- RedHat, SuSE and CentOS Linux servers
- SQL servers 6.5, 7, 2000, 2005 - MySQL 3,4,5 - PostgreSQL 6,7,8
- Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003 - Imail 6, 7, 8
- Web Servers, Apache 1,2 and IIS 3,4,5, 6
- Linux Based Server for file storage, web, LAMP, Coldfusion and backup recovery.
- Security Information Training, Penetration Testing, Intrusion Detection, VPN and Firewall Management
- Desktop Farm management - group policies, profiles, registry and login scripts
- Also familiar with, and have limited experience with Novell 4, 5 and Linux based servers.
Previous Background Information: I have been working with computers since 1985. I have worked as programmer for the U.S. Army developing applications. I worked as a database consultant for various small and medium sized organizations. I have worked in marketing and sales of computer systems. I have taught and instructed beginning, intermediate and advanced computer technologies from operating systems and office applications to advanced programming. I am currently working for Utah State University as a Senior Systems Analyst and it has had my focus on system support, networking and supervising application development for computer and web based services.