The Child with Feeding Aversion Workshop
The Up to 3 Early Intervention Program at the CPD is hosting a workshop for professionals working with children with feeding progblems on June 14-15, from 8:30-4:30 in Logan, Utah.
The workshop, entitled "The Child with Feeding Averion-Impact of Gastrointestinal Discomfort," will be presented by Suzanne Evans Morris, PhD.
This workshop will enable the participant to
- describe the anatomy and physiology of the gastrointestinal system.
- identify ways in which gastrointestinal comfort and discomfort impact a child’s desire to eat.
- identify multiple reasons why children with gastrointestinal discomfort are often reluctant eaters who experience delays in their development of feeding and mealtime skills
- describe therapeutic strategies that support mealtime comfort and feeding skill development for this group of infants and children.
- create a positive mealtime journey that will build inner-ddirected eating and drinking skills.
For questions and to register, contact Karen Cox at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 435-797-3740.