We are well into a new year that holds a lot of promise and hope for people with disabilities. The Consumer Advisory Council members have met this month and have discussed many of the issues that are of concern to them.
Here are the top disability issues that the CAC members see for 2011:
1. Funding for people with disabilities who are on the waiting list for services
2. Funding for dental services
3. Funding for vision services
4. Funding for assistive technology devices
5. Funding to maintain current service options
6. Increased accessibility in transportation
7. Empowering families/caregivers to support individuals with disabilities in the home environment
CAC members will continue to advocate for those with disabilities and their families in Utah to improve their lives and increase their independence.
If you have any comments or questions for any of the members, you can comment below or contact them through the CAC web page.