CPD numbers– Why they are important and how we track them
The CPD participates in the National Information Reporting System (NIRS), a collective effort by the Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD), its member programs, and their federal partners. The database allows network members to manage their own Center data while enabling AUCD to present a picture of the network's activities using aggregate data. NIRS is designed to describe the outputs and outcomes of the network, and to provide the public with access to the projects and products of the network.
Locally, we use this database to generate reports for the USU Board of Trustees, the Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services reports, various USU reports, media requests, and to address specific questions we receive from various agencies throughout the year.
For example, from July 1 - April 15, 2013, NIRS data tells us that:
• 23 refereed journal articles have been published by CPD staff members;
• CPD staff have given 59 presentations at professional conferences;
• Technical assistance totalling 6,910 hours has been provided by CPD staff members to over 50 agencies;
• Over 1,600 Utahns received direct services from the CPD; and
• 48 different research studies are currently operating at the Center.
Custom reports detailing different areas of emphasis, breakdowns of participants, activity by project, fiscal data, and other specifics are available upon request. Contact Kelly Smith for more information.