Center for Persons with Disabilities
The CPD seeks to create inclusive communities and improve the lives of children and adults with disabilities of all ages through sustainable innovation, collaborative research, responsive service, and interdisciplinary training and education. Our vision is to become an international leader in creating inclusive communities and improving the quality of life for people with disabilities and their families. As a unit in the Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, we work hard to achieve the following:
- We Innovate: We lead by developing dynamic, sustainable, forward-thinking programs and services.
- We Include: We demonstrate how to effectively work toward inclusive communities in our planning, programs, and services. We celebrate diversity in ability, race, ethnicity, culture, language, gender, sexual orientation, politics, and religion.
- We Collaborate: We forge partnerships. Working together makes us more effective and responsive to the current needs of our clients and communities.
- We Care: We do what we do because we care. We are making the world a better place for people with disabilities and their families.
Issue 4 | September 2018
- A Journey to Self Advocacy with Sachin Pavithran
- 6 Ways to boost your impact on an issue that matters to you
- Insights from the Interwebs
- The first Washington lobbyist with Down syndrome - BBC News
- People Can Recover From Mental Illness
- Helpful vs. Harmful: Ways to Manage Emotions
- In the News
- Food for Thought: Recipe Corner
- Mark Your Calendar!
- Free Resources